Sunday, September 13, 2009

Saving for a baby.... Why?

So, I'm ready to start my family. Now is the time to start trying and saving. I have used coupons for nearly 5 months and figure I have saved nearly $3000.00 so far. But, that is money I didn't have thus, it hasn't been "saved".

So, who am I? I'm Brittney, a 28 year old college student due to graduate from nursing school in October. Up until recently, my life has been too crazy and unstable to think about a family. I traveled a TON showing dogs, worked with a couple Search and Rescue groups, jumped from job to job, gone sky diving and rode a motorcycle. Not to mention now I am in a wonderful relationship and engaged. (I love you Amma)

I've had my fun, been free, enjoyed my 20's and now suffer from a hangover if I even think of alcohol. I have a nice place to live, a car that is paid off, almost completed my education and a future career that will pay the bills.

So, this is my radical plan. I am going to set aside $40.00 per week for groceries, household items and pet food. Luckily I have a good stockpile started already. My goal is to spend as little of that $40.00 as possible and bank whatever is left over. On top of that, I will be taking half of my earnings from my part time job to the bank as well. We have 16 weeks, starting today til the end of the year.

In addition to the above mentioned monies, I will also start selling the "junk" cluttering up what is now the spare bedroom.

So, My goal is to have $1000.00 cash by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment