Saturday, October 10, 2009

My shopping and cooking day

You'd think that I would get nothing done today given the fact I didn't get out of bed until 1:30 and didn't get out of the house til 2:15. Alas, my day was busy, busy, busy. I know I have been a bad blogger too. This will change now that life is finally starting to settle.

I will assume that my readers also follow Moneysavingmom.com or hip2save.blogspot.com to understand why I buy the weird combos of groceries. If you don't follow these blogs, I suggest you do to cut your grocery bill significantly.

First I hit the bank to get cash for our little excursion this weekend then I hit WalMart.

Dry Goods:
1 box of instant white rice, 2 bags of brown rice, 2 bags of black beans, 2 bags of pinto beans, a bag of lentils and a bag of black eyes peas.

Breakfast:
2 boxes of Kashi bars, 2 bags of Natures Valley nut clusters and 2 bags of Bare Naked granola.

Dairy/Eggs/Meat:
4 dozen eggs, 4 half gallon jugs of milk and 1 lb turkey bacon

Total: $22.28

Then I went to my Mom's to see if there were any new deals while I was gone and to check Kroger's sale ad. There was some good stuff on the 10/$10 so I decided to hit it up.

Dry Goods:
2 boxes Barilla Piccolini penne, 2 boxes Barilla rotini and 1 box of lasagna.

Produce:
2 green peppers, broccoli, onion and carrots

Dairy:
2 small Nesquick shakes, 2 cottage cheese and 2 shredded cheese

Misc:
2 pouches of tuna and 2 cans of cooking spray

Total:
$18.28


So, for the week I am over my food budget by $0.56. I probably have that much change floating around my car or purse.

I made it home around 6 and had decided to have a cooking marathon.

My groceries covered most of the ingredients but I did have some stuff on hand already.

I made:
1-8x8 pan of Tuna Casserole
1-8x8 pan of Chicken Enchiladas
1-9x13 pan of lasagna
5-1 cup servings of Broccoli Alfredo
20 servings of breakfast quiche

I am wiped out and ready to hit the hay. Recipes and pictures to follow.

MGBY

No comments:

Post a Comment